Hello, there.How you doin’? Pleasantries apart, I thought I’d write a little something about The Country seeing as yesterday was Republic Day and everything.Well, I meant to do it yesterday but just spent most of my time youtubing, so here it is, if a little belated
Why I Don’t Really Want to Live Anywhere Else Although I Love Traveling:
This is a list of things that come to mind when i think “Only in India..”
1. The variety.The colours, the languages..And the simplicity. Guess it’s just ‘homey’.
2. The insults! The joy of being Indian, as my brother points out, extends to the use of strange-sounding Indian words that make people online tear at their hair while you rofl. Allow me to illustrate:
Original spelling and grammar courtesy the brother (‘Morzan818’).If you’re Tamilian, you’re already laughing your head off.The other user thought it was Dutch! For those who don’t know, this is a murukku:
And mandai ( or mandae as he chose to spell it) is head.Yeah, it’s just something you have to know to see the funny-ness.
3. Autos.Love ’em or hate ’em, you just can’t be indifferent to them! Auto-quirks:
a. If it’s raining, it costs more.
b.If there are four (or more) people, it costs more.
c.If there is an ‘autostand’ anywhere in sight, you can’t catch an auto off of the street.Or the autostand people will flock to where you are and beat up the other poor automan.Or something.
d.You can drive on any side of the road, honk for as long as you like,where you like..
4. Weddings go on for days, sometimes..Almost a month.And you get to eat off of a leaf, no kidding (pinky swear!).
5. You get to watch Jackie Chan in Tamil.I think that maybe this is a lower form of torture in Hell ( The Hell, not school).
‘S all for now. Later!
6.Sometimes, people smash pumpkins on the streets.For purely religious purposes though, not anger-management or anything.
7.And some people? Rub turmeric (at least I think it is turmeric) on themselves and go around looking all yellow.*Shudder.